Now is our chance to see some soldiers off for their SECOND deployment overseas! Lets get out there and show our support! There is a wide range of cities were ceremonies are being held so we should be able to have alot of people be able to attend a local event.
Ceremonies will be held in five Iowa cities (Aubudon, Iowa City, Mason City, Perry and Marshalltown) on October 30th for about 310 members of the Iowa Army National Guard who are being deployed to Iraq.
The soldiers are with the 1133rd and 1168th Transportation Companies. Both served in Iraq in 2003 and 2004.
These soldiers will report to Fort Bliss, Texas, for additional training before being sent overseas.
• Iowa City – Detachment 1, 1133rd Transportation Company (approximately 25 soldiers); sendoff at 4:30 p.m., Regina High School gymnasium, 2150 Rochester Ave.
• Aububon – Detachment 2, 1168th Transportation Company (approximately 65 soldiers); sendoff at 4 p.m., Audubon High School gymnasium, 800 3rd Ave.
• Mason City – 1133rd Transportation Company (approximately 115 soldiers); sendoff at 6 p.m., Mason City High School gymnasium, 1700 4th St. SE.
• Perry – 1168th Transportation Company (approximately 65 soldiers); sendoff at 7:30 p.m., Perry High School gymnasium, 1200 18th St.
• Marshalltown – Detachment 1, 1168th Transportation Company (approximately 40 soldiers); sendoff at 7:30 p.m., Marshalltown Community College gymnasium, 3700 S. Center St.